48 water colour pencils
Tactile Experience and Design:
It’s round barrel pencils, which usually means that it will roll off your desk often. It is not comfortable for prolonged use. The body of the pencils have a striped design which looks appealing. The box is two layered, making the 48 pencils pretty compact to carry.
They require some pressure to get the pigment on the paper.
The range of colours is pretty great. The pigment is brighter than most colour pencils.
Applying water to the pencils is not recommended as it is difficult to blend. The overall effect after drying is not satisfactory.
- Wide range of colours and shades.
- Pretty good for the price.
- Lasts long.
- Pretty smooth.
- Easily available in India.
- The water blending isn’t great.
- Although it claims to be break-resistant, we have found them to not be so. If you drop the pencils, you can crack the lead.
Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Would we recommend it? Yes. We’ve had these pencils for over ten years and they still work great.
Do you have any art materials that you would like us to review? Share them with us in the comments.